Thursday 4 June 2009

Pilates day one


I went to my first pilates class the other night and loved it! I don't want to speak too soon but I do think this exercise was created for me. My instructor didn't believe me when I said it was my first time and said I must have done itin a past life, which I took to be a compliment. And since compliments around me and anything sport related are few and far between, I'm happy.

Pilates is part of my goal this year for increased 'holistic health'. It's an exercise technique all about increasing core strength and bringing about better posture. I hate how it has a real 'yummy mummy' elitist reputation - probably because it's so freaking expensive. I hate when things that are good for you get elitist reputations, like organic food. Why is food that is produced the way food is intended to be only for middle-class people? Please.

So I was delighted to find a class at our local council gym for less than half the price of anywhere else. Who wants to pay £12/ $18 per class? Absolutely ridiculous. Anyway, now I need to keep going and not ride the high of what might well be beginners luck.

2 comments:

amyrenee said...

TOLD YOU. :)

I am so glad you liked it!

Now, I just have to find a place again that I like...

alisha said...

I know! I'm still feeling my core muscles two days on. Amazing. Amy, you've changed my life with your Whole Food and pilates ways...

Related Posts with Thumbnails