Thursday 15 October 2009

Osusume Sushi!



I've been going through an unrelenting sushi phase recently.

It started when Dan and I went to Soseki in the city (next to the Gherkin) on our anniversary for a seven-course Japanese meal. Dan said it's the best meal he's had in London (and he's eaten a LOT), so high praise indeed. I loved that we got to eat in our own little pagoda and that our waitress actually was Japanese (rare in London). I think that if you're looking for a memorable place to eat - and you like sushi - this is the place.



So once I caught the bug, I couldn't stop.

Last week we went out to a place called Mura in Marylebone (50% discount with our Taste London card!), which also very good, and a bit cheaper.

Cheapest of all (and still high quality) is the Japan Centre in Piccadilly Circus. At 8pm the sushi prices are slashed in half and everyone goes crazy scrounging for their meals. And at £1.50 for sushi I was right there in with them.

The Japan Centre just moved to a new building down the street and dutifully I'm planning to go test run it on Monday.

If anyone else has good other Japanese recommendations in London they're much appreciated.

3 comments:

La Dolce Vita said...

Ooooh...I did the same run to catch the discounted sushi at Japanese Center!! And it was delicious!!!!!

;)

Nadine said...

Perfect timing for this post! I'm finally going to sushi tomorrow night after not having it for months - I'm so excited!!

alisha said...

It's so good to find cheap but good food in London!

Nadine, looking forward to your sushi reviews.

Related Posts with Thumbnails