Wednesday 2 March 2011

My Seattle:: Honore Artisan Bakery









Whenever I go jogging I need a target to motivate me. And I'm not talking about an, "I'm going to run five miles today!" target -- that doesn't do it for me. One of my best running goals is Honore Artisan Bakery

It's the perfect distance from my house and I honestly need it to get me going. I don't even stop for a coffee and one of their glorious macarons -- I just run to it, live vicariously through the patrons and then turn around and head home. Being easily pleased is a good trait.

Of course, even better than running by is actually going in. Dan and I will pop in every once in a while to cap off an ideal lazy Saturday afternoon. The space is small but usually we're able to crow-bar ourselves into the counter bar seating area, spread out our baked wares and put the world to right one pastry at a time.





I'd even consider moving to this neighborhood just to be within easy walking distance, but then where would I run to?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE this place. And we are very similar in our need to have a coffee shop running target. I, however, usually cave and buy a coffee...and then have to walk home. :)

Nooks and Cranberries said...

Isn't Honore wonderful? I've been craving a good pastry lately, and think another trip there is in order! They have the absolute best macarons in Seattle (at least that I've discovered as of yet!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails