Saturday 14 August 2010

Simul-blog: Note to (16-year-old) self

Me and Joey (& Ashley) in 1997. Sweet 16!

I straight up copy and pasted this from Joey's blog, but she explained it so well.Thanks!

Joey and I have decided to do a simul-blog posting (in which we simultaneously post about the same topic) and we want to invite YOU to participate with us.

Here's how it works:
  • The topic is "A letter to my 16-year-old self," inspired by a post I saw here.
  • Write your blog post on this topic. This can be funny, serious or whatever suits you.
  • Simultaneously post with us on Tuesday, August 24.
We look forward to reading your letters! Leave a comment to let us know if you're considering joining us. We're so curious. :)

13 comments:

Nadine said...

I love this idea! Unfortunately I don't have a blog for that, but I'd love to do one anyways. Maybe I'll just send it to you :)

laura anne said...

This is interesting - I'm considering doing it...

Ronnica said...

I was just thinking of doing this (was debating between 16yo and 18yo-self). Now you've made up my mind!

Only question...the 25th is Wednesday...did you mean the 24th?

alisha said...

Great, I'm glad some more people are considering it!

Ronnica, I was also thinking my 18-year-old self would need more advice than my 16-year-old self, but you can choose whatever ago you like. :)

And good catch, we meant Tuesday, August 24th. I'll change that now.

Rachael Randal said...

I think this is a lovely idea and would love to join in as my 30th is coming up very soon too. Probably not appropriate for my blog though ;-) I was actually thinking of also writing a note to my 50-year old self too...

alisha said...

Rachael, great idea about a letter to your 50 year old self! Then you'd have the gratification of actually reading it when you're 50.

Rachel said...

this sounds fun! i am in!

oh, and kind of random, but I saw this print and remembered reading that you like paint by number art?
http://www.20x200.com/art/2009/04/can-you-imagine.html

:)

Heather Olson said...

Doing it! :)

Anonymous said...

I just saw this...I'm totally in! Love this idea.

Hamma said...

What a marvelous idea. Count me in!!! I'll tweet this, would love to get some more people doing it!

Joan said...

AAAUGH I saw this too late! What a great idea, tho, there ought to be a national "letter to yourself" day.

Paul Scott said...

Thanks for the idea. Wow, I feel like I got a lot off my chest with that letter to myself! If you feel so inclined, drop by and leave me a note! I'd love to hear what your thoughts are!

http://mypentopaper.wordpress.com/

keymomentsmom said...

Love this idea! Loved the idea about writing a letter to 50 yr old self too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails